Top 10 Reasons to Learn CPR
1. Only 6.4% of Cardiac Arrest Victims survive because people witnessing the incident do not know CPR.
2. Over 200,000 people die of Sudden Cardiac Arrest every year.
3. 50,000 of the 200,000 deaths yearly could be prevented
4. For Every minute that an AED is unavailable, the victim has a 10% less chance of survival
5. Once the heart stops beating, brain death occurs in 4 to 6 minutes.Performing CPR provides oxygen to the brain and other vital organs to give the victim the best chance of full recovery after EMS takes over.If CPR is given within the first four minutes of a cardiac arrest, the chances of survival double.
6. You might save someone's life.
7. You may save the life of someone close to you. 80% of cardiac arrests happen at home.
8. You'll be smarter. By the end of your class, you'll know more than you did when you started.
9. You'll be more confident. You'll know exactly how to react when someone is having a heart attack.
10. You get to use cool life-saving technology. Part of CPR training now includes how to operate an automatic electronic defibrillator. Most states require an AED device in all public places; in time of need, you may be the only person in the room who knows how to operate it.
If you, your family, or someone you may know is interested in learning the skills of CPR, please contact New Holland EMS to schedule your class now.
ITS A DECISION THAT MAY SAVE THE LIFE OF SOMEONE YOU LOVE!